COVID-19 has undoubtedly impacted all of our lives. Here at Simone Family Dental, we take the health of our patients and staff very seriously and have implemented the following measures to assure everyone's safety.
Every day we will screen each staff member by taking their temperature and asking if they have symptoms of COVID-19 or have been exposed to others with it. We are meeting and exceeding all sanitation recommendations set forth by the CDC, ADA and MDA. We have also implemented many new policies and procedures to keep staff and patients safe. Staff will have additional PPE (personal protective equipment) for the protection of staff and patients. We have two Surgically Clean Air filtration units strategically placed within the office which have been proven to kill not only Coronavirus, but is also effective against airbone bacteria and fungi. We have installed a washer and dryer for staff to launder their scrubs at work so they do not have to bring them to their homes.
During reminder and appointment calls, every patient will be screened for symptoms of COVID and exposure. If a positive screening is encountered, appointments will be postponed. We will require everyone to have a face mask on prior to entry into the building. There is hand sanitizer in the waiting room to be used upon entry, and the check-in and check-out desk now has safety shields in place.
We will do our part to protect you by screening employees, wearing appropriate PPE, keeping the office clean and reducing traffic in the waiting area by restricting people accompanying patients as well as placing patients in the exam room as soon as one is available. We also need you to do your part to protect our employees, yourselves, other patients in the office and the community. You can do this by following these recommendations:
1) If you have symptoms of COVID-19 (fever, cough, shortness of breath, body aches or new loss of smell/taste or other concerning symptoms) please kindly call the office as soon as possible to reschedule your appointment.
2) If you have been in close contact with someone that has been diagnosed with COVID-19 please kindly call the office as soon as possible to reschedule your appointment.
3) Please come to your appointment alone if you are able. If you must bring a family member, friend, or driver, please have them wait in the car until your appointment has concluded. This will help avoid having the waiting room become too crowded.
4) If you have a cloth face mask we encourage you to put it on before entering the building. Please wear it during check-in, as well as while waiting and upon check-out.
5) We will have hand sanitizer available at the entrance, please use it upon entry.
6) Your temperature will be checked upon check-in to be sure you do not have a fever. If you do, your appointment will need to be rescheduled. These are some of the many new policies, procedures and safeguards Simone Family Dental is implementing. Thank you very much for choosing Simone Family Dental for your dental care needs. Please do not hesitate to call the office at 231-757-4411 if you need further clarification on the above information.
Thank you for remaining vigilant and for taking the necessary steps to protect yourself, family, friends, our employees and the community. Thank you,
Dr. Nick Simone and Simone Family Dental staff